Automotive marketing is a huge industry, and it is always changing. One of the things that marketers must be prepared for is an ever-changing landscape of technology that affects every facet of their business.
This article takes a look at the top types of automotive marketing ideas that car dealerships should consider incorporating into their strategy.
What are the top automotive marketing ideas for car dealerships?
1. Use social media to reach out to your customers. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are all great platforms to post updates and photos of the dealership. You can also use these platforms to offer exclusive deals and discounts to your followers.
2. Set up a blog on your website. This is a great way to keep your customers up-to-date on new products and services, as well as promote sales events and special deals.
3. Run advertising campaigns that focus on attracting new customers. You can use print ads, search engine ads, and even social media ads to attract potential buyers.
4. Host car shows and events. These events allow you to showcase your inventory and connect with potential buyers in a fun environment. Plus, the events can be used to promote special deals and discounts that are only available at the show!
5. Hold contests and sweepstakes giveaways. This is a great way to get people excited about the dealership and encourage them to visit or buy a car from you. You can also give away cars, accessories, or other prizes as part of the contest prize package.
Automotive Marketing With Event Promotions
When it comes to event marketing promotions, car dealerships can tap into a variety of options to attract customers. From in-store contests and giveaways to social media campaigns and road trips, here are four automotive marketing ideas for car dealerships.
1. Plan a loyalty program. One way to get customers to come back repeatedly is by creating a loyalty program that offers exclusive benefits. This could include rewards like free oil changes or free car washes, as well as discounts on future purchases.
2. Host a car show. Car shows are an excellent opportunity to showcase new models and test drive vehicles. Plus, they’re a fun way for customers and staff to socialize.
3. Host a picnic in the parking lot. A picnic in the parking lot is a great way to bring the community together and celebrate summertime. Customers can enjoy food and drinks while they chat with friends or family members about their cars.
4. Give away cars as prizes in raffles or sweepstakes. Car dealerships can auction off cars or give them away as prizes in raffles or sweepstakes. This will encourage customers to visit the dealership more often and make more purchases.
Influencer Marketing Ideas For Car Dealerships
There’s no question that influencer marketing is one of the most popular automotive marketing strategies around. And for good reason: It works. According to a study by SocialBakers, 88% of people trust recommendations from friends and family more than any other type of endorsement.
That means car dealerships are able to reach a LOT of customers by working with influential bloggers and social media stars.
Here are five automotive marketing ideas for car dealerships to consider using influencer marketing:
1. Collaborate with Influential Bloggers
One of the best ways to use influencer marketing is to collaborate with influential bloggers who have a large following. Car dealerships can provide these bloggers with products or discounts in exchange for coverage and reviews. This approach allows dealerships to build relationships with high-quality, trustworthy influencers who will help them promote their brand in a positive light.
2. Giveaways and Prizes
Another great way to use influencer marketing is to offer giveaways and prizes to followers of influential bloggers. This strategy can be especially effective when targeting younger consumers, who are often more likely to take part in giveaways. By offering valuable prizes, car dealerships can show their followers that they value their business.
Entertainment Marketing Ideas For Car Dealerships
If you’re looking for entertaining ways to market your car dealership, here are a few ideas to get you started.
1. Have a contest or giveaway! Offer customers the chance to win a prize by taking a quiz, answering a question, or filling out a survey. This will help you keep customers coming back and give them something new and exciting to talk about.
2. Plan fun events! Throw a BBQ party and let customers vote on their favorite food items from the menu. You could even have a car race where participants can compete in their own custom-made cars! Or even better… Go Kart Racing!
3. Be creative! If you don’t have any events planned yet, try having themed nights like “Car Weekends” or “Summer Fun Nights.” Think about what else is going on in the community during these seasons and find ways to tie in your dealership with that activity.
4. Take advantage of social media! If you have an account on social media, be sure to post about your events and connect with potential customers using relevant hashtags (#carshow, #carweekend, etc.). You can also create
5. Produce a Short Film/Movie/Video! There’s no advertising that lasts longer than a good movie. Do you remember E.T.’s favorite candy? (Reese’s Pieces) OR The awesome brand of self tying shoes Marty wore in Back To The Future? (Nike) Well, imagine the impact of creating a local video about people in your community, that just happens to be sponsored by a Car Dealership? People could watch that for years and years! Long term advertising!
Automotive Niche Blogging To Generate Leads
If you’re a car dealership, your website is your first line of customer service. You need to make sure that you’re constantly updating your blog with the latest automotive marketing ideas to keep customers coming back.
Here are some tips for creating content that will keep customers coming back:
1. Keep your site updated with the latest automotive news and trends. This will give you the opportunity to brag about the exclusive deals and offers that you’re offering your customers.
2. Always have new automotive content on hand to share with your visitors. This could include blog posts about new car models, car reviews, or tips for keeping your car running smoothly.
3. Make use of social media platforms to market your dealership online. You can post exclusive deals and discounts on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
4. Utilize search engine optimization techniques to ensure that your site is easily found by potential customers. Make sure that all of your website’s text is keyword rich so that people can find it using search engines.
5. Keep a blog section on your website for people to leave their comments and feedback about the cars they’ve bought or services they’ve received from your dealership.
Automotive Social Media Marketing Ideas
1. Use social media to connect with customers and build relationships.
2. Create engaging social media content that explains your dealership’s services and features.
3. Use social media to promote special offers and discounts.
4. Use social media to connect with potential customers before they buy a car.
5. Use social media to track customer feedback and respond promptly.