Charles Town Now is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the revitalization of Charles Town and is supported strictly by charitable donations from individuals, families, businesses, and organizations.
Volunteers are an essential part of the organization as well, investing both time and resources in order for Charles Town Now to function at its greatest capacity.
Charles Town Now has managed to attract awareness through the organization of special events tailored to bring traffic to the main street of downtown Charles Town.
With the support of Charles Town Now, Charles Town is securing a better and brighter future for generations to benefit from. It is also moving toward becoming a Main Street Community with the goal of preserving, promoting, and enhancing the physical, social, cultural and economic vitality of the downtown center with an unwavering commitment to its growth and sustainability.
Charles Town Now has made great strides towards improving the downtown and driving attention to the community as a whole.
One achievement is the implementation of the CTNCard (Charles town now card) which encourages buying locally by offering visitors exclusive discounts to participating businesses.
Downtown business owners are giving praise to Charles Town Now for its role in…
- Supporting downtown as regional art, entertainment, and shopping focal point which help Main Street merchants, businesses, and area artists.
- Providing an economic engine for the downtown economy by promoting Charles Town businesses and community charities.
- Periodically bringing the entire region together for festivals or events that promote unity, diversity, understanding, and tolerance while instilling community pride and celebrating local history.
With the importance of buying local being such a vital component for the economic and global success of small towns, we took it to Facebook to get feedback from residents.
The response was reassuring as you can see by clicking on the post below to access comments from residents. Please do ensure you join the conversation and share your thoughts about buying local.
Charles Town Now recently expanded its reach digitally by establishing a presence on the virtual map of Charles Town WV.
The video-enabled map is designed to deliver welcome introductions & video reviews of local businesses, organizations, and destinations.
As video increasingly becomes one of the best avenues for mobile engagement and as online reviews take “word-of-mouth” digital, the video-powered community map is an excellent platform to connect with residents, tourists, and new movers in town.
The map is also where six grateful business owners voiced their praise for the magnificent job Charles Town Now is doing to enhance the downtown community.
Statements from local business owners:
(Edited for readability. Visit here to view complete statements.)
- Elle’s Niche – “Charles Town Now is a local organization that’s helping to revitalize Charles Town and put us on the map.” Lori Slattery.
- Blackwell Realty – “We enjoy being involved with the downtown merchant community through Charles Town Now and the events that Charles Town Now does such a great job of creating.” Liz McDonald
- Yarnability – “Charles Town Now has been a tremendous welcoming group to becoming a business member of downtown Charles Town.” Karen Frail.
- The Hobbies Shop – “We find it imperative to belong to and support the Charles Town Now organization. They bring new life and revitalization to our community.” Susan Miller.
- Art Deco Dekor – “Charles Town Now is bringing back the main street of Charles Town.” Daphne Wahl
- Needful Things – “I’d like to thank Charles Town Now for all the things they do with downtown Charles Town.” Melissa Glasscock
To support the businesses of Downtown Charles Town and save on great food & shopping, take a moment to grab your CTNCARD.
You can also visit their site to learn about the latest events & happenings in Downtown Charles Town.